The New Normal
With the new, highly contagious COVID-19 variant and an unknown estimate of when we will reach herd immunity, remote work may just officially be the new normal. While it is the safest option for employees, many employers are wondering just how much it impacts employee wellbeing. Well, as WELCOA explains, it certainly has health benefits. However, there are some cons to remote work that employers should be prepared to address.
Pros of Remote Work
- Improved Employee Satisfaction: Working from home comes with a wide range of benefits that are important to employees; less time commuting, more time spent with loved ones, work-life balance and more flexibility are among the top surveyed responses!
- Increased Productivity: Whether it is due to less distractions or flexible schedules, recent survey found a 47% increase in productivity since workers have been stuck at home.
- Cost Savings: Remote work not only saves your organization money, but it also saves employees money too. These individual cost savings can greatly reduce financial stress!
- Healthier Lifestyle: Working remotely means employees can more easily make healthy meals at home, have more time to exercise, and set aside time in their schedules to decompress.
Cons of Remote Work
- Communication Challenges
- Low Morale
- Inability to Focus
- Trouble Setting a Healthy Routine
Some employees have no issues with technology, aren’t shy in Zoom meetings, are self-motivated, and can naturally get into a healthy routine when given the opportunity to. However, this is not the case for everyone. Employers need to remember that all employees are different and all the resources they need to be successful when working from home should be provided.
For tips on addressing the cons of remote work and for additional resources, visit WELCOA!
Phone: 904-285-2019 - Fax: 904-285-2779