Still feeling congested and sniffly even though it is no longer Spring? Unfortunately, allergies can continue long after April’s showers and May’s flowers. Grasses and weeds are the main triggers for summer allergies, but dust mites and mold also peak during this time. Follow these tips to keep allergies at bay and enjoy your summer!
Tips and Tricks for Allergy Relief
- Check the pollen count and smog levels and avoid going outside when they are high.
- Keep your doors and windows closed and use an air purifier.
- Clean air filters in your home and car often.
- Dust bookshelves, vents, and other places where pollen collects.
- Wash bedding and rugs in hot water to get rid of dust mites and other allergens.
- Keep the humidity in your house between 30% and 50% so dust mites can’t thrive.
- Take a shower and change your clothes after you go outside.
- Vacuum often
- If you have to mow the lawn, wear a mask to avoid grass pollen.