Time to Start Spring Cleaning!
As our nation works together to help slow the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), many of us are spending a lot more time at home. Understandably so, this can create a bit of uneasiness or restlessness. Well, we have the perfect solution that will help pass the time, as well as keep you active and productive: spring cleaning!
Your first thought might be that we are crazy, however, decluttering and cleaning your home has proven health benefits. We have been doing a little bit of this ourselves over the past week and we can confirm that the health benefits listed below are true!
Health Benefits of Cleaning and Decluttering
- Reduced Stress Levels: Decluttering and deep cleaning is proven to reduce stress levels and improve mental health. Just like 20 minutes of exercise, 20 minutes of cleaning is stress relieving in itself. Also, having your belongings organized helps reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed. Right now, one of the biggest benefits it gets you moving, off social media, and away from the news for a little while.
- Increased Motivation: People who clean their house get more exercise, and not just because cleaning burns calories. According to Indiana University research, those who are motivated to clean are more likely to be motivated to workout.
- Increased Productivity: Having a clean and organized work space makes you more productive.Having all your materials organized can help you complete tasks more efficiently and the lack of clutter lowers your stress levels. This is especially important for those who are adjusting to working from home during this time.
- Improved Mood:Having a clean and organized space can actually improve your mood. A study from the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin proved women who come home to a clean and clutter free house were happier and less fatigued than those who come home to a dirty house. Additional research shows that having a clean home can make you feel happier, more satisfied, and more accomplished.
- Improved Sleep:A clean house results in a better night’s sleep. According to a study conducted by the National Sleep Foundation, when you have a clean house and you regularly make your bed, you are 19% more likely to sleep well.
- Allergy Symptom Relief:Spring allergens cause a lot of people discomfort. However, by dusting and vacuuming frequently during spring cleaning, you can keep your house clear of dust, pet dander, and pollen. This will help keep your airways open throughout the spring allergy season.
- Lowered Risk of Injury: The risk of an accident or injury in a cluttered home is also considerably higher for those of all ages. In particular,, an increasing number of number of child injuries and senior falls can be directly linked to clutter in the home.
Phone: 904-285-2019 - Fax: 904-285-2779