Halloween, like many holidays, can be overwhelming to those who are trying to stay healthy and fit. With all the sweet treats and candy that come with this day, it can be easy to be tempted back into unhealthy habits. The best tip we can give you is to not stress yourself out or put unreasonable restrictions on yourself! Moderation and balance in life is important, and one cheat day will not ruin your progress. When your one cheat day turns into two, three, or four, though, that is when it gets tricky (pun intended)! So, here are additional tips to keep you on track this Halloween.
Staying Healthy This Halloween
1. Buy your least favorite candy for trick-or-treaters. This way you won’t be tempted to snack on them before or after Halloween!
2. Schedule a workout the morning of Halloween to help yourself crave healthier food options. It will also help keep you feeling energized throughout the day of activities.
3. Eat balanced meals. Filling up with veggies, lean protein, fiber, and whole grains will help you feel full and satisfied, which will help reduce sugary cravings.
4. Bring or make healthy alternatives. Whether you are going to a Halloween party or hosting one, make some healthy snacks! This isn’t as hard as it sounds. Pumpkins fit with the Halloween theme and they are a superfood. Click here for healthy pumpkin snack recipes, such as Pumpkin Hummus and Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars!
5. Turn trick-or-treating into a workout! If you are taking your kids trick-or-treating, pick the longest route or the route with the most hills to get the whole family’s heart rate up.
6. Stay hydrated! On days full of activities, it can be easy to forget to drink enough water. However, busy days are when you need it the most! Keep your water bottle with you and refill it as soon as it is empty. Staying hydrated will not only keep you from feeling fatigued, but it will help keep you feeling full.
For more information, click here!