Health and Fitness Month
Global Employee Health and Fitness Month, or (GEHFM), is an international observance on the importance of health and fitness in the workplace. The goal of GEHFM is to promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle to employers and their employees through worksite wellness programs and health promotion activities.
The Role of Employers
By offering wellness programs, employers have an amazing opportunity to educate employees on the value of adopting healthier behaviors and encourage them to live healthier lives. Numerous studies show that strong leadership and commitment to creating a culture of physical activity is the key to having a successful wellness program. When employees see their employers believe in the cause, they are more likely to participate.
Benefits of Wellness Programs
According to the National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity, the benefits of incorporating wellness programs and making health and fitness a priority in the workplace include:
- Employees will be healthier and happier.
- Employees will be more engaged and productive at work.
- The overall productivity of your organization will increase.
- Your organization will be able to recruit and retain top talent.
- You and your organization will be viewed as a forward-thinking and a thought leader.
To learn more about Global Employee Health and Fitness Month, click here!