Christmas Time is Almost Here
Christmas is only a couple days away! Whether you’re visiting with family or friends or are spending the holiday season with just the members of your household, it can be easy to get into a routine of too much sitting. While chatting and catching up is important, being active and moving together is a great way to enhance your holiday season.
Keeping your body moving can help reduce holiday stress, improve your quality of sleep, and help to keep you feeling energized all day long. In addition, staying active helps keep your immune system strong and healthy, which is incredibly important with new the variant of COVID-19 circulating and cold and flu season being in full swing. Another plus is that participating in activities with family and friends is a positive and healthy way to have quality time and create lasting memories. With that said, here are some fun, family friendly activities that will get everyone moving and enjoying their time together.
Activities That Keep You Moving
- Take a walk around your neighborhood or downtown area and enjoy all the Christmas lights.
- Build a snowman. If you don’t have snow where you live, you could also go to the beach and build a “sandman!”
- Go ice skating.
- Go skiing or snowboarding if you live near or are on vacation at a winter resort.
- Look for a cool hike or nature walk near you.
- Volunteer to walk dogs at your local animal shelter.
- Have an outdoor Christmas themed treasure hunt.
- Go for a bike ride if the weather is nice and there is no snow or ice on the ground.
- Participate in a Jingle Bell Run or other holiday run/walks.
- Check the museums, gardens, and parks in your area to see if they are having holiday displays that you can walk through.
Whatever you decide to do, we hope you have a happy and healthy holiday season with your family and friends!