Christmas Is Almost Here!
Christmas is only a few days away and with family and friends visiting, it can be easy to get into the routine of too much sitting. Research has proven that sitting requires your body to use less energy than standing or moving, and sitting for long periods of time has been linked with a number of health concerns.
Many people might not think about staying active over the holidays, but it can actually be a great way to enhance your holiday season. Keeping your body moving can help reduce holiday stress, improve your quality of sleep, and help to keep you feeling energized all day long. Another plus is that participating in activities with family and friends is a great way to have quality time and create lasting memories! With that said, here are some fun, family friendly activities that will get everyone moving and enjoying their holiday season!
Activities That Keep You Moving
1. Take a walk around your neighborhood or downtown area and enjoy all the Christmas lights.
2. Go Christmas caroling.
3. Build a snowman. If you don’t have snow where you live, you could also go to the beach and build a “sandman!”
4. Go ice skating.
5. Go skiing or snowboarding if you live near or are on vacation at a winter resort.
6. Volunteer to walk dogs at your local animal shelter.
7. Have an outdoor Christmas themed treasure hunt.
8. Go for a bike ride if the weather is nice and there is no snow or ice on the ground.
9. Participate in a Jingle Bell Run or other holiday run/walks.
10. Check the museums, gardens, and parks in your area to see if they are having holiday displays that you can walk through.
Whatever you decide to do, we hope you have a happy and healthy holiday season with your family and friends!