The 9 to 5 Lifestyle
Many working professionals don’t realize how much their eating habits affect their productivity and overall health. Shortening lunch breaks and just grabbing quick, processed snacks in order to get more work done actually results in lower energy levels and poor performance. Check out these healthy eating tips that will have you feeling energized and productive from 9am to 5pm!
Healthy Eating Tips
- Never skip breakfast! Mornings may be hectic, but skipping breakfast can cause fatigue and irritability. Aim for a healthy breakfast comprising of complex carbohydrates, fiber and protein.
- Keep a water bottle close by. Staying hydrated throughout the work day keeps energy levels high, regulates digestion and helps control unhealthy cravings.
- Bring fruit for snacks. Sugary, processed snacks do not energize your body or your mind. Instead, bring an apple, banana or grapes to snack on.
- Switch to healthy caffeine. Caffeine packed with sugary additives can cause energy crashes later. Try consuming caffeine in small and healthy amounts like a cup of green tea or a cup of coffee sweetened with almond or soy milk.
- Space meals equally. The biggest energy killer is going long hours without eating. The best way to keep your metabolism and energy up is to eat small meals and snacks every two hours.
- Don’t eat after 8pm. It is recommended to eat a light dinner before 8 o’clock This gives your body enough time to detoxify and digest the food before you get into your bed.
Sticking to a healthy lifestyle can be a challenge, but the bigger challenge is handling high work pressure with low energy levels. Click here to learn more!