The Topic of Health
More and more Americans are realizing the importance of a healthy lifestyle and the topic of how to achieve long-term health is becoming increasingly popular. However, with all the fake health news, fad diets and supplements promising quick results, it can be hard to know the best method to achieve your goals. Listed below are the five habits that are scientifically proven to help your body look and feel its best.
5 Habits for Long-Term Health
- Physical Activity: Exercising for at least 30 minutes a day not only keeps you fit and toned, but it also reduces your risk for chronic disease. Exercise also improves mental health and reduces stress.
- A Balanced Diet: Fad diets or super restrictive diets never pay off in the long run. Instead focus on creating a healthy lifestyle with a constant, balanced diet. Incorporate lean meats, vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains, legumes and healthy fats into your daily meals and avoid processed, sugary foods.
- Sleep: Your body and brain needs 7-8 hours of sleep a night to recharge. Prolonged sleep deprivation causes stress and hormone imbalance that is linked to weight gain, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, inflammation, depression, stroke and heart disease.
- Mental Health: Practicing yoga or meditation, using exercise as a healthy stress reliever, quality time with family and friends, volunteering and focusing on the positives in life are all ways to help take care of your mental well-being.
- Avoid Tobacco Products: Tobacco use is directly linked to cancer of the lungs, mouth, throat, esophagus, and more. It also causes chronic bronchitis, emphysema, strokes and heart disease.
Click here to learn more!