The Root of Productivity
It is commonly thought that the more hours you spend working, the more productive you are. However, your level of productivity is directly linked to how well you take care of yourself. This Forbes article reveals what working professionals can do to boost their productivity based on the daily healthy habits of the most productive leaders.
Daily Habits to Boost Productivity
- Get plenty of sleep. We hear this often, but it is true that a well rested mind is much more productive.
- Wake up early. Research shows that waking up early gives you more time to prepare for the day and improves work performance.
- Take time to meditate. More and more leaders are taking the time to mediate to relive stress and refresh their mind.
- Workout. Whether it is in the morning, afternoon, or evening, working out improves concentration and productivity.
- Always eat breakfast. Skipping breakfast can lead to fatigue and irritability. If mornings are hectic, try preparing a nourishing, energy boosting breakfast the night before.
- Take a nap. According to the National Sleep Foundation, a 20-30 minute nap improves alertness and performance without leaving you feeling groggy or interfering with nighttime sleep.
- Take breaks. Getting up to stretch or walk around the office keeps you from becoming mentally stagnant and the physical movement re-energizes your mind, boosting not only productivity, but creativity as well.
Phone: 904-285-2019 - Fax: 904-285-2779